Today’s vital updates:
- If your business has the capability for 3D printing, laser cutting, or stamping, please get in touch with us. You may be able to help manufacture personal protective equipment (PPE) that will help frontline healthcare workers.
- More clarification on the Canada Wage Emergency Subsidy program:
- “Taxable corporations” that are publicly-listed and foreign-controlled are eligible.
- There is no cap on the total subsidy that an employer can claim.
- Canada Revenue Agency will need several weeks to set up the application portal.
- Further details on the program have been provided by Lancaster, Brooks & Welch and are available here.
- The Niagara Region and all twelve municipalities have declared a state of emergency.
- If you have questions on occupational health for your business and your employees during this pandemic, the Ontario Occupational Health Nurse Association is ready to assist. Occupational health nurses can be provided free of charge, as can other services. Fill out this form and email to email@example.com.
- The Government of Ontario has extended mandatory business closures in the province for an additional 14 days. The list of essential businesses has been updated.
- The Canada Business app is now available. This mobile app for Apple and Android devices helps businesses access government programs and assistance.
- The next edition of GNCC Espresso Live will tackle finance and taxation, including changes to taxation deadlines and requirements, new financing tools, and cashflow management in a crisis. We will be joined by experts from MNP and Meridian Credit Union. This webinar is free-of-charge. Register here.
It is important that everyone practice social distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Remain at home unless absolutely necessary. Minimize contact with other people. Wash hands frequently and thoroughly. Avoid touching the face. Maintain a 2-meter distance from others if you are required to be out in public. If you have recently traveled outside the country, self-isolate for 14 days. This means that you must not leave your home under any circumstances. Have supplies delivered and left at your door.
Previous updates can be accessed at https://gncc.ca/covid-19/covid-19-gncc-news/.
Stay safe and be vigilant. The GNCC is here to support you. Contact us with any questions you have.