With rising inflation, businesses both big and small are struggling with an increase in theft and retail crime. Is your business prepared? We share training tips so your workers know how to respond to suspicious activity and theft. Then, get reminders on personal security as we approach the holiday season.
Note: This episode was recorded on November 1, 2023. All information presented was in effect at that time.
Building an OHS Policy and Program: Violence Assessment (WSPS.CA) – www.wsps.ca/roles-and-responsib…olence-harassment-2
Quick Safety Tips: Violence and Harassment in the Workplace (WSPS.CA) – www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOq4AWm-6…kRjgE8QBMSROnRMY5
Reporting Workplace Violence and Harassment Procedures – www.wsps.ca/resource-hub/checkl…rassment-procedures
Retail thefts on the rise, becoming more violent: Retail Council of Canada (CTV News) – bc.ctvnews.ca/retail-thefts-on-t…f-canada-1.6497651
New Toronto Crime Stoppers campaign targets ‘organized retail crime’ that goes beyond shoplifting – www.cp24.com/mobile/news/new-to…018?cache=pawumraq
Contact Workplace Safety & Prevention Services
· Looking for Small Biz resources and more information? Visit the WSPS Small Business Centre: www.wsps.ca/how-we-help/small-business-centre
· Have health and safety questions? Contact the WSPS Customer Care online: www.wsps.ca/forms/customer-care or call 1-877-494-WSPS (9777).
· Have questions about this podcast or show ideas? We’d love to hear from you! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow WSPS on social media
· Twitter: twitter.com/WSPS_NEWS
· Facebook: www.facebook.com/wsps.news
· LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/workplac…vention-services
· YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WSPSpromo