Under GNCC’s by-laws, the Board can fill a limited time Board vacancy with a qualified candidate. We have a one-year Board position open from June 2019 until April 2020. If you are interested in putting your name forward, please fill out our form (download: PDF | DOC) and email it to Jennifer Weeks at firstname.lastname@example.org fax to 905 684-2100 (by May 31).
Any member of GNCC who is interested (and who meets the criteria) may apply. Each year, the Board assesses the strengths of the current Board and provides direction to the Nominating Committee as to which areas of expertise should be priorities for the upcoming term. Specific areas of expertise for the 2019-2020 vacancy include skills and expertise in: Agri-business; Transportation/Warehousing/Logistics; Manufacturing; Medium to large organization; or policy advocacy experience.
Diversity & Inclusiveness
GNCC recognizes and embraces the benefits of diversity in Board members. A truly diverse Board will include and make good use of differences in the skills, regional and industry experience, background, race, gender and other attributes of Directors. These differences will be taken into account in determining the optimum composition of the Board. Board members who are recommended for election will be based on those best qualified while taking into account broad diversity required to represent our membership of today and tomorrow.
View our current Board of Directors | Read our Mission, Vision and Values
300 words on background/bio of potential appointee required.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
The Board of Directors is the governing body of the Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce. Its members represent a broad cross section of the business and professional leadership of the community.
As Directors and Officers, the proper performance of your responsibility is vital to the overall effectiveness of the Chamber of Commerce. The following outlines some of the expectations and responsibilities of Board members.
- Attend monthly meetings of the Board and to dedicate time to reviewing prepared Board documents prior to meetings.
- Ability to work constructively with board members, committee leaders, and members of the Chamber.
- Contribute business experience that enables sound judgment in considering the proposals coming before the Board as related to governance and policy development.
- Courage and ability to have an objective opinion and willingness to engage in constructive debate.
- A belief in building a stronger Niagara through collaboration, leadership and consensus.
Please return all documents by email or fax, to be received no later than noon, May 31, 2019, to:
Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce
3-80 King Street
St. Catharines ON L2R 7G1
Telephone 905-684-2361; Fax 905-684-2100