Help inform the Government of Ontario’s review of regional municipalities
Ontario is launching online consultation for the regional government review of eight regional municipalities and their lower-tiers. In total, 82 municipalities are included in the review.
The government invites our members to share their thoughts on the municipalities where you live, work or spend time. The government wants to hear your views on the way your municipal elected representatives make their decisions and represent your community. They also want your thoughts and observations on the efficiency, effectiveness and cost of the various municipal services that your municipalities provide. The objective of this review is to ensure that these municipalities are providing the vital services that residents and local businesses depend on.
The deadline for providing comments is April 23, 2019.
Have your say
- Submit comments online at: ontario.ca/form/survey-regional-government-review
- Email comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to: Local Government Policy Branch
Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing Local Government Policy Branch
777 Bay Street, 13th Floor, Toronto, ON M5G 2E5
- Consider the following themes in preparing your feedback:
- improving representation and decision-making (for example, council size, selection process and municipal structure)
- improving the quality of municipal services and reducing costs (for example, land-use planning, public infrastructure, economic development and social services)
- where you see municipal governments in 10 years
- Limit your submission to 500 words or less
- If you must go over 500 words, provide an executive summary and highlight your recommendations
Thank you for your participation.
If you are looking for some additional information regarding the Niagara Governance review,
CLICK HERE to read our short Executive Summary on the top.