At Niagara Children’s Centre our priority is for the safety and wellbeing of staff, clients and our community. We have monitored the COVID-19 situation closely and have made the difficult decision to suspend face-to-face client visits in the Centre, preschool speech and language satellite locations, in homes and in the community until at least April 5, 2020. This will be in effect by end of business day March 16, 2020.
Clients, family members, students or volunteers will not be permitted to enter any Niagara Children’s Centre sites during this time.
Families who have scheduled appointments during this time will be contacted by the Centre to discuss their specific circumstances and rescheduling.
During this period of time, the following services will be available:
- Reception- Will remain open between 8-4 pm to receive phone inquiries and deliveries. If making a delivery please contact the Centre in advance to make arrangements.
- Intake Services- The Centre’s intake department will continue to process new referrals for service.
- Special Services at Home (SSAH) -SSAH invoices will continue to be processed. Families involved with the SSAH program may drop their invoices off at the drop off slot (door immediately left of our main entrance).
Phone Visits– Where appropriate, therapists and social work staff will provide support and consultations to families through phone visits. Therapists will be monitoring their voicemails regularly and will return calls within one business day.
The Hanen “More than Words” telepractice sessions will continue as scheduled.
On-Line Parent Support Group (closed Facebook group) will continue to be supported and monitored.
Parent Talk will be cancelled during this time.
Will continue to operate during this time.
- General Inquiries- 905 688 3550 (between 8- 4 daily)
- Intake- 905 688 1890 ext 110 (between 9-4 daily)
- Direct inquiries- 905 688 1890 you will be prompted to enter the extension you wish to reach.
As we continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation, our circumstances may change. Please check our website periodically and follow our Facebook and Twitter pages to receive the most up to date information about our Centre’s services.
For the most up to date information about the virus and how you can protect yourself, visit:
- Niagara Region Public Health:
- Niagara Health:
Thank you to all for your patience as we navigate these unprecedented waters. With your help, we are doing our part to curb the spread of COVID-19, and keep Niagara safe.
Chief Executive Officer