We are looking for new Council members!
Are you interested in shaping the future of Niagara? Our recruitment period is currently closed, but applications may still be submitted and will be kept by Next Niagara for consideration in the future.
NEXTNiagara is the voice of the emerging generation in Niagara with the mission to represent, support and cultivate leadership opportunities through engagement and advocacy. The Council is made up of a group of volunteers who help shape the vision and direction of the organization, ensuring alignment of initiatives with strategic priorities and operational capacity.
- Identify and engage in issues and challenges related to the emerging generation; providing strategic guidance/support to address such issues and acting as an advocate on issues of importance.
- Provide input and direction on NEXTNiagara programming; including, but not limited to events, educational seminars, and networking sessions.
- Participate in a Council sub-committee(s)
- Actively participate in monthly meetings; the Council meets on the 3rdWednesday of every month from 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm, rotating around the Niagara Region.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
NEXTNiagara’s recruitment process is designed to maintain a council that includes experience / competency in the following specific areas:
- Strategic Planning / Policy
- Small Business Leadership/Entrepreneurship
- Human Resources
- Board(s) / Committee(s)
- Risk Management / Assessment
- Advocacy / Government Relations
- Community Involvement
- Marketing / Communications
- Social / Health / Wellness Experience
- Event Planning / Management / Education
- Construction / Trades
While NEXTNiagara welcomes applications from any person’s expertise in these areas, we are specifically seeking candidates with experience and skill in; Human Resources, Risk Management/Assessment, Advocacy/Government Relations, and Construction/Trades.
In keeping with the NEXTNiagara’s commitment to increase diversity in positions of influence, we encourage applications which represent Niagara’s English and French linguistic duality; the need for balanced gender representation and a diversity of ages; persons who have lived experience of recovery from a mental illness; as well as individuals from immigrant/refugee/ethno-cultural/racialized (IRER) communities in Canada; LGBTQI2S communities; and people with disabilities.
We are looking for individuals who identify as a member of the emerging generation in Niagara with an interest in addressing the challenges that face this group and furthering opportunities for professional growth and networking.
A balanced Council includes both regional diversity and representation from all three employment sectors including the private sector, government/public sector, and not-for-profit sector. We are looking to maintain a balanced Council with members from all identified sectors.
- You live, work and grow in the Niagara Region.
- You identify as member of the emerging generation.
- You have experience or interest in at least one of the aforementioned areas.
All applications received will be reviewed, with qualified candidates selected to interview with the Recruitment Committee. A final list of candidates will be presented to the NEXTNiagara Council at the meeting prior to January 1st, 2019. Interested individuals should submit their resume and a completed copy of this application form, detailing their academic, professional and lived experiences and clearly stating the reasons why they would be an excellent candidate for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those shortlisted for consideration by the Recruitment Committee will be contacted. Submissions may be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission deadline: November 2, 2018