The U.S. Government has announced its intention to renegotiate NAFTA, the North American Free Trade Agreement between Canada, the United States, and Mexico. Their requests include:
- Abolishing dispute-settlement panels
- More exports of U.S. dairy, grains, and wine
- Freer trade in telecommunications and online purchases
- More access to Canadian markets for U.S. banks
- The threshold for goods purchased by Canadians from U.S. online retailers without paying import taxes to be raised 4,000% to $800
- More opportunities for U.S. contractors to bid on Canadian contracts while preserving “Buy American” rules preferring U.S. contractors in U.S. bids
As a business owner in a border community, we are asking for your thoughts on this vital process.
Click here to take our survey, or complete it above.