All branches of the St. Catharines Public Library, will be closed to the public effective 4:30 PM Friday, March 13th through April 5th, 2020 to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus. All programs and room rentals are cancelled during this period. We will endeavor to reschedule as many programs as possible. Full refunds will be provided.
The library is closed, but their digital collection is open!
For patrons without a library card please call 905-688-6103 ext 210 and we can issue a 90 day temporary Library Card so that all may access these resources. For more information regarding memberships please see the memberships page.
During our closure, we still have a number of services that are available for those with a computer running Windows or MacOS, a smart phone or tablet running iOS or Android, or an e-reader, such as a Kobo.
- cloudLibrary for access to over 120,000 e-books and audiobooks
- Flipster for access to over 75 digital magazines
- hoopla for access to Movies, TV Shows, Music, Audiobooks, e-books and comics
(During our temporary closure to the public, the number of items a patron may borrow from hoopla has temporarily been increased from 8 items to 10 items.)
- pressreader for access to thousands of newspapers from around the world
- Access to dozens of electronic resources from Auto Repair and Consumer Health to World History and Consumer Reports
Staff are also available for general reference questions:
- Tuesdays through Fridays – 10:00 am until 5:00 pm
- Saturdays – 9:00 am until 5:00 pm
- Closed Sundays and Mondays
- Please call 905-688-6103
Please note: We are unable to reschedule the Tax Clinics.
Any holds will be held for 1 week after we re-open. Fines will not accrue during the closure.
New information will be posted to our website and social media channels as it becomes available.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
For more information, please read the press release on the City of St. Catharines’ website or the City of St. Catharines COVID-19 page