Ignite Pitch Series Powered by Meridian Credit Union, in partnership with the Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce, Innovate Niagara and Niagara College Canada is back. The event will be held at the Greg Frewin Theatre (5781 Ellen Ave, Niagara Falls) on May 9, 2017 from 5 p.m.- 8 p.m. Ignite Niagara’s six finalists, will pitch their business ideas to a panel of Niagara’s top business experts. The grand prize winner, as selected by the judging panel, will receive a $7,500 cash prize and essential business services and support to grow their dream. The People’s Choice Award winner, will receive a $2,500 cash prize and business services and support, as well. These services may include marketing strategy, advertising, legal advice, social media introduction and more.
The six finalists with diverse business proposals in this creative event are:
- Make2Order Apps-An online order management and inventory solution that enables SMB’s to create and track their custom orders online.
- Go Wrench Auto-A company that specializes in mobile mechanic services such as repairs, oil changes and more.
- Caddle- A company that partners with leading brands, retailers and small businesses to offer cash back rebates on groceries, sporting goods, dining out and more.
- Hero Dog Treats-A company that makes 100% natural snacks for dogs that supports the Canadian Service Dog Foundation and employs military veterans.
- Your Farm Gate-A company that creates personalized meal plans, grocery food boxes, catering, eat-in and take-out meals from economical organic produce.
- Mazaaji-A company that created a kimono-based clothing line and employs Syrian refugee artisans to modernize kimonos with exquisite detail.
Neil Thornton, President of The Thornton Group of Companies, will host. The judges for the event include:
- Geordan Robertson,Director of Small Business at Meridian Credit Union
- Chris Sinclair,Vice President at Brand BLVD
- Alex Digenis,Owner/General Manager at Subaru of Niagara at Henley Honda
- Lorna Kane, Board Director at Niagara Angel Network
“We look forward to the creativity that this year’s finalists will bring to the table,” said GNCC President & CEO, Mishka Balsom. “Niagara will be driven forward through the innovation of entrepreneurs such as these, and we are excited to reward their hard work and efforts through this competition.”
For more information, please contact the Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce at 905-684-2361 or visit www.gncc.ca.
ABOUT THE GREATER NIAGARA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: As the champion for the Niagara business community. With over 1,500 members representing more than 50,000 employees, it is the largest business organization in Niagara and the third largest Chamber in Ontario. The Chamber Accreditation Council of Canada has recognized the Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce with its highest level of distinction.
For further information and interviews, please contact:
CEO, Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce
905-684-2361 ext. 227 or email@example.com