FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, April 25, 2018
(Niagara) – Ignite Pitch Series Powered by Meridian Credit Union, in partnership with the Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce, Innovate Niagara, St. Catharines Enterprise Centre and Niagara College Canada is back. The event will be held at the Greg Frewin Theatre (5781 Ellen Ave, Niagara Falls) on May 8, 2018 from 5 p.m.- 8 p.m. Ignite Niagara’s six finalists will pitch their business ideas to a panel of Niagara’s top business experts. The grand prize winner, as selected by the judging panel, will receive a $7,500 cash prize to support to grow their dream. The People’s Choice Award winner will also receive a $2,500 cash prize.
The six finalists with diverse business proposals in this creative event are:
- Huvr Media – A company that offers full service real estate marketing serving southern Ontario with a specialty in video and social content.
- LifePoints – An app that rewards its users for their time spent being physically active with discounts at local health-oriented businesses.
- Niagara Canine Conditioning Centre, Inc. – A business that offers full service rehab-only facility for pets in the Niagara Peninsula, the first of its kind.
- The Foster Theatre – A theatre company dedicated to producing a performing arts festival inspired by the work of Canadian playwright, Norm Foster, to educate and advance understanding and appreciation of performing arts.
- Underdogs Boxing Club – A women-led organization that empowers individuals and fosters social inclusion through boxing-focused social and recreational activities for specific groups, along with relevant social supports.
- Date in a Box – a dating app that allows the user to be matched with someone based on similar product interests.
“This competition provides an opportunity for local entrepreneurs to showcase their innovation and creativity to industry professionals,” said GNCC President & CEO, Mishka Balsom. “We are happy to partner with Meridian to fuel their business to help them continue to grow and build in Niagara.”
For more information, please contact the Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce at 905-684-2361 or visit www.gncc.ca.
ABOUT THE GREATER NIAGARA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: As the champion for the Niagara business community. With over 1,600 members representing more than 50,000 employees, it is the largest business organization in Niagara and the third largest Chamber in Ontario. The Chamber Accreditation Council of Canada has recognized the Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce with its highest level of distinction.
For further information and interviews, please contact:
CEO, Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce
905-684-2362 ext. 227 or email@example.com