Media Release – For Immediate Release
The annual Ignite Pitch Series competition, powered by Meridian Credit Union, in partnership with the Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce, Innovate Niagara and Niagara College Canada was held Wednesday night at the Greg Frewin Theatre in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
The six finalists were:
- Fleeky, a platform to discover and book beauty services
- Pure Non-Scents Ltd., purveyors of unscented and fragrance-free hair and skin products
- Cancer RX, a team dedicated to providing exercise programs for cancer patients
- Nolaa Granolaa, bakers of keto, vegan, organic, non gmo, no sugar added granola and cookie blends
- Business Development Dispatch, a sales support system for small businesses and entrepreneurs across Canada
- Pippa & Peach, creating fashionable and unique clothing and accessories for Ladies and little ones.
Judges Fred Pidsadny of Focus Management, Paul Speck from Henry of Pelham, Chris Robertson of Loud + Clear, Stephen Otten from Meridian Credit Union and Peter Brown of Copper Beech Co. and the Niagara Angel Network, after long deliberations, judged Pippa & Peach to be this year’s IGNITE pitch competition winner. The grand prize was $7,500.
The competition also included a People’s Choice prize of $2,500, and the audience of over 150 judged that Fleeky was the most deserving choice.
Meridian Credit Union, the GNCC, and the event sponsors were pleased to support the dreams of these local entrepreneurs and to support their business success. At next year’s IGNITE pitch competition, we look forward to hearing how their business has grown.
View our Facebook photo gallery from the event.
The Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce is the largest business organization in Niagara and the second-largest Chamber of Commerce in Ontario, with 1,500 members representing 50,000 employees. More information on the GNCC is available at gncc.ca.