Following the success of last year’s inaugural event, IGNITE Niagara presented by Meridian Credit Union and in partnership with Innovate Niagara, returns once again on May 31, 2016 to shine a spotlight on both up-and-coming entrepreneurs and established business owners, who will pitch their ideas to a panel of Niagara’s top business experts. The winner, as selected by the judging panel, will receive a business services prize package worth in excess of $20,000, while the St. Catharines Enterprise Centre is sponsoring an additional People’s Choice Award.
Hosted at John-Michael’s Banquet & Conference in Thorold, this creative and competitive event features four diverse business propositions, including:
- BISEP – A company that creates new devices that can enhance an individual’s performance in sports, in addition to rehabilitation and exercise.
- Express Deliveries – A delivery company that conveniently brings groceries, alcohol, and restaurant meals from various locations to your door.
- Falling Squirrel – A tech company that has partnered with Brock University to develop innovative audio mechanics for visually impaired video game players.
- Techboomers.com– A website that aims to introduce technologically challenged users to popular websites and apps, helping them become more fluent in the use of technology.
Mark Cressman, Regional Director of Media Sales for Postmedia Network Inc. will host the event, which will be judged by a panel of five business leaders from the Niagara region, including:
- Dr. Musabbir Chowdhury – Professor at Niagara College’s School of Business & Management Studies
- Fred Davies – President & Chair of the Niagara Angel Network
- Brock Dickinson – Partner at MDB Insight
- Susan McCartney – Director of the Small Business Development Centre at Buffalo State
- Geordan Robertson – Director of Small Business at Meridian Credit Union
“Following the success of last year’s inaugural event, we look forward to the creativity that this year’s finalists will bring to the table,” said GNCC President & CEO, Mishka Balsom. “Niagara will be driven forward through the innovation of entrepreneurs such as these, and we are excited to reward their hard work and efforts through this competition.”
Further information – contact the Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce by phone at 905-684-2361 or visit www.gncc.ca for tickets.
About the Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce
The Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce is the champion for the Niagara business community. With over 1,500 members representing more than 50,000 employees, it is the largest business organization in Niagara and the third largest Chamber in Ontario. The Chamber Accreditation Council of Canada has recognized the Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce with its highest level of distinction.
For more information and interviews please contact:
CEO, Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce
905-684-2361 ext. 227 or email@example.com