On April 26th, at Lookout Point Country Club, the Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce will hold its AGM and Annual Business Luncheon. At this event, the GNCC will host a forum on governance reform.
The Government of Ontario has announced its intention to review and potentially change the governance structure of Niagara and other regions of Ontario. Niagara needs to know what those changes might be, and how they will affect us.
To that end, the GNCC has convened a panel of experts who will explore questions such as what the opportunities and pitfalls of the various options are, what it will mean to citizens, taxpayers, businesses and organizations, what the likely outcomes might be, and more. They will also take questions from the audience.
The confirmed panelists are (in alphabetical order by last name):
- Rashmi Biswas, moderator, Executive Vice-President of Lake and Associates and instructor at the Goodman School of Business, Brock University, and the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto.
- Dr. Kate Daley, co-founder of Smart Growth Waterloo Region and member of the 2018 Women’s Municipal Campaign School, an expert in municipal politics and growth strategies.
- Brock Dickinson, Entrepreneur in Residence and Adjunct Professor at the University of Waterloo, Assistant Director of the university’s economic development program, and former CEO of MDB Insight, an internationally-renowned economic developer.
- Fred Eisenberger, Mayor of the City of Hamilton, former Chair of the Hamilton Port Authority, leader of a thriving post-amalgamation community.
- Dr. Joseph Lyons, Assistant Professor of Political Science at Western University and Director of the university’s Local Government Program, expert in governance structures and local government.
- Doug Nadorozny, CAO of the Town of Aurora, Transition Team leader for the city of Greater Sudbury during its amalgamation, and General Manager post-amalgamation.
Tickets are available at https://bit.ly/2OvXPTP or by calling the GNCC at 905-684-2361.
The luncheon will be held between 12pm and 2pm on April 26th at Lookout Point Country Club, 209 Tice Rd, Fonthill, ON L0S 1E0.
Media attendance is welcome and does not require the purchase of tickets. Please announce your arrival to staff for assistance.
The Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce is the largest business organization in Niagara and the third-largest Chamber of Commerce in Ontario, with 1,600 members representing 50,000 employees. More information on the GNCC is available at gncc.ca.