The Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce is proud to announce this year’s finalists for the 14th Annual Niagara Business Achievement Awards, presented by Meridian Credit Union.
Young Professional Award
Sponsored by Bell
- Alicia Vizzari (Shannon Passero)
- Karl Vanderkuip (REMAX Garden City Realty Inc. Brokerage)
- Elise Collins, Durward Jones Barkwell & Company LLP (DJB)
Technology & Innovation Award
Sponsored by Innovate Niagara
- The Violin Group
Environmental Leadership Award
- Habitat for Humanity Niagara ReStore
- Niagara College
- Fallsview Casino
Excellence in Tourism Award
Sponsored by Fallsview Casino
- Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours
- Twenty Valley Tourism Association
Excellence in Business: Up to 10 Employees
- A.S. Security & Surveillance Inc
- AA Taxi Niagara
- WE DRIVE Designated Drivers Inc.
Excellence in Business: 11—50 employees
Sponsored by Brock University
- Soundbox Productions
- Manor Cleaners
Excellence in Business: 51 employees or more
Sponsored by Performance Mercedes-Benz
- Convergys CMG Canada Ltd.
- Grant Thornton LLP
Excellence in Manufacturing
Sponsored by Niagara Region
- HeroDehydratedDogTreats Inc.
- Hy-Grade Precast Concrete
- Niagara Pallet & Recyclers Ltd.
International Business Award
Sponsored by Ridley College
- Curexe (SmartPay, Inc.)
- Desks Plus Inc.
- The Foreign Affair Winery
Outstanding New Business Award
Sponsored by Niagara College Canada
- Edible Options
- Furtney Crysler LLP – Chartered Accountants
- Lindsay’s Gourmet Compound Butter
- LV Physio
Business of the Year
Sponsored by Meridian Credit Union
- LJM Developments (Grimsby) Inc.
- Brian Cullen Motors Ltd.
- Dr. Robin Williams, will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award sponsored by Walker Industries. This award is presented to a businessperson who has demonstrated a lifetime commitment to business success and community leadership.
- Mike Weir Winery, has been named as Builder of the Year, sponsored by Niagara Peninsula Energy Inc. This award is presented to a company that has had a historically significant impact on the economic prosperity of the community.
- Patrick Little, Heelis, Little, Almas LLP, is the Volunteer Business Person of the Year. This award is presented to an individual who demonstrates an outstanding commitment to helping build a stronger, more prosperous and vibrant community.
- Janet St. Amand, YMCA of Niagara, will receive the Community Leadership Award, sponsored by Henley Honda. This award recognizes an individual whose leadership has made a significant impact in the community.
“This year’s finalists represent the great depth and variety of businesses that are proud to call Niagara their home,” said Mishka Balsom, President & CEO of the Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce. “It is a pleasure to be able to recognize these incredible businesses through this annual awards ceremony, and it is important that we celebrate the many contributions that they make in our community.”
Further information – The Niagara Business Achievements Awards will be held on Thursday, June 22,, 2017 at the Holiday Inn & Suites Parkway Conference Centre. Visit gncc.ca to register and learn more about the event. For questions and more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-684-2361.
About the Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce
The Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce is the champion for the Niagara business community. With over 1,600 members representing more than 50,000 employees, it is the largest business organization in Niagara and the third largest Chamber in Ontario. The Chamber Accreditation Council of Canada has recognized the Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce with its highest level of distinction.
– 30 –
For more information, contact:
President & CEO, Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce
905-684-2361 ext. 227 or email@example.com