Job Title: Member Sales & Program Manager
Reports to: Vice-President of Operations
GNCC is focused on expanding our membership base and driving continued sustainable organizational growth. This Sales Manager role will be responsible for promoting and supporting GNCC products and services. We are looking for a hard-working, passionate individual with an entrepreneurial spirit to help us build our relationships with new and current members.
In this position, the Member Sales & Program Manager is responsible for generating membership, advertising and sponsorship sales for GNCC. As part of a customer-focused group, you will be an advocate for our members and work as a liaison between the members and the GNCC. You will help shape our lead generation campaigns and product development roadmap. You will be a key member of a close-knit team that is responsible for driving new opportunities to meet our revenue generation targets.
Additionally, you will help make sure events run smoothly and ensure people are in the right place at the right time.
Duties and Responsibilities
Member Sales & Program Manager performs a wide range of duties including some of the following:
- Develop member proposals outlining engagement options for business.
- Maintain contact with existing GNCC members and constantly build and acquire prospects.
- Assist GNCC members in taking full advantage of their membership.
- Effectively communicate and engage with existing and potential members.
- Ensure deadlines are met, achieve budgeted revenue goals through effective development of partnerships and maintain successful business relationships.
- Continuously reaching out to prospective members and showing the value of GNCC’s services.
- Be up to date with all membership benefits and resources that GNCC offers its members.
- Maintain retention practices to stay engaged with members and prospects.
- Maintain strong networks and relationships within the Niagara region.
- Champion personalized member experiences.
- Prioritize opportunities based upon value to members.
- Act as an ambassador and subject matter expert for GNCC and our many services.
- Support and participate in GNCC events and programs.
- Sell sponsorships advertising for all GNCC events.
- Assist event coordinator with events as needed.
- Post-secondary education in business, marketing, sales, or any relevant field is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of successful sales experience will be preferred.
- You get your message across clearly and effectively, whether it’s through professionally written emails or in-person conversations with any prospect, member, staff or stakeholder.
- Apply excellent communication skills, creativity, and practical knowledge to benefit our members.
- Anticipate, understand and respond to members needs to exceed their expectations.
- Excellent relationship management skills which result in proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders, mobilize and motivate teams.
- You know how to manage competing priorities to meet deadlines and have excellent multitasking skills.
- Your work is always completed on time and your attention to detail is strong and accurate.
- Positive and professional attitude and ability to work as a team player with all levels of management.
- An innovative and motivated person, able to identify and resolve risks and issues.
- Develop new and creative ways to improve operations of the organization.
- Set sales goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate process and results.
- Knowledge of social media and digital skills to engage members and sponsorship opportunities.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage work schedules and remain flexible to work hours.
- Ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds.
- Experience working with CRM’s (HubSpot experience would be an asset).
- Possession of a dependable vehicle and a valid license is a must.
The Member Program Manager will be working indoors and outdoors equally depending on the business requirements. You may be required to work overtime and nights during special occasions or events. You may from time to time have to deal with difficult customers. Willingness to travel up to 40%.
The GNCC offers competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. We encourage and support continuous learning by ensuring everyone stays active in the community. To help you with this, we offer tools and programs such as a commitment to professional development, monthly lunch & learns and much more. And that is just the beginning.
Occasional lifting and moving of heavy equipment and decorating for events.
Please a submit a cover letter and resume to Hugo Gatsby, Executive Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org.