Information on government grants, resources, and programs, and how to apply for them, is available here.
Today’s vital updates:
- Details of the Government of Canada’s 75% wage subsidy program are expected tomorrow. Check back at the Government of Canada’s website. Here is what we know so far:
- Companies who have experienced a decrease in revenues of at least 30% are eligible.
- The government will cover up to 75 per cent of a salary to a cap of $58,700, i.e. up to $847 a week.
- Businesses of any size can qualify, as well as non-profits and charities.
- The Government of Ontario has banned public gatherings of more than five people. The order does not apply to private households with five people or more, to operating child care centres supporting frontline health care workers, or to first responders provided the number of persons at each centre does not exceed 50 people. Funerals would be permitted to proceed with up to 10 people at one time.
- The Government of Ontario has updated its guidance for construction sites.
It is important that everyone practice social distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Remain at home unless absolutely necessary. Minimize contact with other people. Wash hands frequently and thoroughly. Avoid touching the face. Maintain a 2-meter distance from others if you are required to be out in public. If you have recently traveled outside the country, self-isolate for 14 days. This means that you must not leave your home under any circumstances. Have supplies delivered and left at your door.
Previous updates can be accessed at https://gncc.ca/covid-19/covid-19-gncc-news/.
Stay safe and be vigilant. The GNCC is here to support you. Contact us with any questions you have.