Job Title: Finance and Membership Coordinator
Location: St. Catharines
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: Salary and incentives based on experience and skills
Reports to: President & CEO
The Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce (GNCC) is a non-profit organization, dedicated to the success of businesses and organizations to ensure the long-term prosperity of Niagara. GNCC is rapidly modernizing and proud to contribute to the renewal of its community by serving 1,600 members that employ more than 50, 000 people in our region. Our employees enjoy an inclusive and positive team work environment working towards making a real difference to the Niagara business community. Our employees are our best investment and the selected candidate will have a great opportunity to grow in our organization and as an individual.
The GNCC has an opening for a Finance and Membership Coordinator whose duties, tasks and responsibilities support the financial, analytical and growth needs of the organization. Reporting directly to the President & CEO, the Coordinator will be managing the organization’s financial reports along with office administrative and membership duties.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain chart of accounts and general ledger, ensuring integrity of data. Prepare monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial reports
- Process invoices and prepare cheques for signature Process accounts payable and receivables ensuring timeliness, accuracy of information and appropriate backup
- Prepare accurate bank and petty cash reconciliation and deposits
- Ensure that the CEO and Board have access to accurate and timely income and expense data, and projections for both the overall organization and for specific programs and initiatives
Payroll Preparation & Administration
- Manage all payroll, tax, and benefits functions
- Track staff lieu/sick/vacation time
- Maintain and update membership records and invoices for renewals
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end membership reports and analysis
- Prepare renewal and new member packages
- Reconcile chamber benefits plans to membership database
- Conduct administrative daily functions
- Create and print mailing labels for renewal
- Provide event assistance as needed
- Post-secondary education in finance, business administration, office administration or relevant discipline
- Bookkeeping or Accounting professional designation is an asset
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in an office setting in a relevant role
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Mailchimp, QuickBooks, CRM database system
- Knowledge of financial analysis skills and ability to utilize data to develop solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters
- Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Behave ethically aligning with the values of the organization
- Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the positions in confidence to Mishka Balsom at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 22, 2018.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, however only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
GNCC is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All business decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualification, and without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity), sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, physical and/or mental handicap or financial ability. The Chamber has a special concern with the participation and advancement of members of four designated groups: women, indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities. GNCC encourages applicants of all ages.