The Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce (GNCC) is a regional business organization with more than 1,580 members, supporting the success of enterprises in Niagara by giving voice to their interests and by providing networking and marketing opportunities.
We are seeking, on a part-time permanent basis, an enthusiastic, experienced, take-charge professional with the ability to coordinate the administration, marketing and logistics of our corporate events and meetings. The successful applicant will be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
The ideal candidate has a passion for and experience with event/marketing co-ordination, who can provide outstanding customer service, has effective relationship building skills for both internal and external customers.
As an event/marketing coordinator, the core responsibilities are to:
- Coordinate project delivery elements within adequate time limits including providing feedback
- Meet quality and brand expectations
- Coordinate internal and external communication for events within effective timelines
- Manage and track the registration of all event attendees
- Serve as liaison with clients and vendors to ensure satisfaction
- Assist with the implementation of marketing/promotional activities and event related tasks
- Assist in day-to-day office admin functions
The skills, qualifications and education that sets you up for success at the GNCC:
- Diploma or degree in event planning and communication preferred
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to deliver high quality results while working under multiple deadlines
- Event portfolio to impress and client testimonials & references
- Minimum two years event coordination and marketing experience preferred
- Superior problem solving skills and the ability to work independently
You will require a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle. May be required to work flexible hours. Please submit your application to email@example.com by e-mail by Thursday, July 8th, 2016 and note in the subject line GNCCCareer. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.