The 2022 Canada Games Host Society Inc., a non-for-profit organization requests a proposal for the design, development and installation of up to two (2) pylon signs for the new Canada Games Park facility.
Email Intent to submit by Friday November 27, 2020 prior to 4:00 p.m. Proposals to be completed and submitted by Wednesday December 23, 2020 prior to 4:00 p.m.
SECTION ONE | INTRODUCTION
About the Niagara Canada Summer Games [Niagara 2022 CSG]
At the peak of Niagara’s boldest summer yet, more than 5,000 young athletes and their coaches will gather to compete for the podium in Canada’s largest multi-sport event. On its road to glory, this shining generation of hopefuls will leave its mark on our community and on the country – transforming, inspiring, and unifying us all through the power of sport.
As ambassadors of Niagara’s unrivaled warmth and compassion, thousands of volunteers will play host to the nation. The Niagara 2022 Canada Summer Games will celebrate the wonder of sport alongside arts and culture. The Games will honour our indigenous communities, and showcase a remarkable heritage of hard work and innovation in one of the world’s most awe-inspiring destinations.
With world-renowned hospitality, the people of Niagara will welcome visitors from across the country. Spirited events, spectacular entertainment, and the theatre of elite competition will spark new energy in the region as our streets, skies, and waterways shimmer with ceremony and celebration that is befitting of Canada’s best young athletes.
From August 6th to 21st, 2022, Niagara will surge stronger than ever on the national stage. The Games will give rise to a new legacy of ambition, confidence, and compassion that will inspire generations to come.
About the 2021 Canada Games Host Society
In preparation for the games, a Host Society has been established and led by a Board of Directors that is composed of passionate, experienced and accomplished sport and community leaders.
The goals of the Host Society are to:
- Provide a phenomenal experience for the athletes and other participants at the Niagara 2022 CSG. An experience that will propel their development, allow them to perform their best and inspire them to dream big
- Provide a legacy of sport infrastructure and programs that are vital for Niagara, Ontario, and Canadian sport development
- Provide a legacy of infrastructure, community programs and unify a spirit that will be transformative for Niagara
- Provide an unmatched podium and partnership for the Canada Games Council to build upon the success of previous Canada Games and strengthen the Canada Games property
SECTION TWO | ABOUT THE FACILITY
Canada Games Park is a new multi-purpose sport and recreation facility being built to host the 2022 Canada Games. The facility will include:
- A vegetated ‘Green’ roof, which folds down to make it a prominent feature, even from ground level
- A sport performance centre for high-performance training;
- A health and well-being centre with specialized training equipment and studio rooms for persons with special needs and seniors;
- A multi-purpose fieldhouse with four full-sized gymnasiums, a 200m suspended indoor track, seating for approximately 700 spectators, storage space, male and female change rooms, and a universal change room;
- A twin-pad arena with seating for approximately 1000 spectators and room for media workspaces at one pad and seating for approximately 200 on the other pad. Hospitality areas will be available adjacent to the main concourse and will overlook one pad and the outdoor athletics facility;
- Office space will be available for sport organizations and other sport service providers;
- Outdoor cycling plaza with bike racks and repair stations, and a staging area for cyclists interested in accessing the many trails surrounding Canada Games Park and the nearby mountain bike course developed for the 2022 Canada Games;
- Outdoor athletics facility for competition and training that will include a 400m track, grass in-field, and facilities for all field events. Additional athletics warm-up and training space will also be available nearby for field events; and
- Beach volleyball centre for competition and training.
During the Games, Canada Games Park will serve as one of the premier sites for the Niagara 2022 Canada Summer Games, hosting five different sport competitions (Box Lacrosse, Indoor and Beach Volleyball, Athletics and Wrestling), and Niagara Place, a fifteen day outdoor festival. In addition, it is within walking distance of the Athletes’ Village located at Brock University.
SECTION THREE | SCOPE OF WORK
We are seeking an organization to design, develop, manufacture and install two pylon signs at Canada Games Park. One sign will be erected at the north entrance (corner of Sir Isaac Brock Way & Merrittville Highway) of the facility and the second sign will be erected at the south entrance into the parking lot.
Responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
- Pylon design in collaboration with with the Niagara 2022 Canada Games Host Society’s evaluation committee
- Production of sign elements
- Coordinating delivery of the pylon signs to site with the support of the Niagara 2022 Canada Games Host Society
- Coordinating and executing the installation of the pylon signs
The design of these signs is flexible and we are open to the ideas and expertise of the chosen contractor. We are interested in a design that is appropriate for the audience at each location (pedestrian vs. vehicle) and for the signs to be complementary but not necessarily identical. Proposers are welcome to submit multiple examples of designs (with associated costs) in the proposal.
The audiences for the north sign are vehicles stopped at the intersection of Sir Isaac Brock Way and Merrittville Highway as well as (and more importantly) the pedestrians who will access the facility through the north entrance. The audiences for the south sign are motorists driving along Merrittville Highway (in both directions) as well as those motorists looking for the entrance into the facility parking lots.
Submissions are encouraged to include submission that will be accessible to all users of the building or facility no matter the disability.
Submissions are encouraged to incorporate measures to ensure their materials are designed and produced in a sustainable and environmentally friendly manner.
These signs can be static, electronic or a combination. Two 53mm conduits have been run from the building to the North sign location. One for Fiber communications and one for Power. Proposers are welcome to submit multiple examples (with associated costs) for static, electronic or a hybrid approach to the sign if desired.
The Niagara 2022 Canada Games Host Society is seeking an experienced, creative and collaborative organization for this project. We are looking forward to working with an organization and a team whose values align with ours and who are excited about being a part of this legacy build for the Region of Niagara.
SECTION THREE | RFP SCHEDULE OVERVIEW
- RFP issued: November 13th, 2020
- Emailed Notice of Intent: November 27th, 2020
- Proposals & Supporting Documents: December 23rd, 2020
- Decision Date: January 30th, 2021
- Contract Start Date: TBD on integration with current construction
- Contract Conclusion Date: TBD on integration with current construction
SECTION FOUR | RFP SCORING
Submitted proposals will be scored as follows:
- Responsiveness to scope of work: 25%
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in similar projects: 20%
- Cost effectiveness: 20%
- Value In-Kind opportunities (either budget relief and/or project enhancements): 30%
- Comprehensiveness: 3%
- Company Profile: 2%
SECTION FIVE | RESPONSE SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS
Responsiveness to Scope of Work
We are seeking comprehensive and informative proposals that clearly outline your ability to fulfill our requirements. Information to include in your proposal include and are not limited to the following:
- Key Dates / Critical Path (in a days out from installation format as our required date for installation is to be determined based on construction schedules and progress)
- Examples or Mock-up for potential design(s). Proposers are welcome to submit various designs, and examples of designs from past projects
- Breakdown of all cost and fees for each element of the project
- Identification of any phases of the project that will be subcontracted out and to whom
Demonstrated Experience and Expertise in Similar Projects
Please outline a detailed summary of at least one (2) comparable projects which the proposer has completed in the last three to five years. For each referenced project, please make certain to include all relevant details such as:
- Description of scope of project
- Time to execute each phase of the project
- Cost and associated fees
- Visuals of design or design options
- Lessons Learned
Please provide a brief history of your organization, and if you intend to subcontract some of the work to another firm, include their information in this RFP as well. If one person will have the primary responsibility for this project, provide us with their information and relevant resume.
Our decision process will be to secure a partner who’s services best delivers the goals of the Niagara 2022 CSG , while also being cost effective. Current budget associated with this RFP is a range of $100,000 – $200,000 plus HST; however negotiable based on strategy put forth.
The Niagara 2021 CSG Host Society is not merely looking for a vendor with a fee for service approach. Instead, it is our belief that all vendors associated with the Niagara 2022 CSG become strategic event partners offering both fee for service; as well as, Value In-Kind (VIK) opportunities.
We encourage vendors to include budget relieving VIK (a reduction in cost to the requirements outlined in the Scope of Work), as well as enhanced VIK (additional services or features, not specifically outlined in the Scope of Work).
In addition, as a host society we are continually seeking cash sponsorship opportunities as well. Any interest in cash sponsorship can be submitted in conjunction with or separate from submitted proposals.
SECTION SIX | RFP GENERAL
Please provide the name, address, and phone number of three (3) current clients, who would be capable of explaining and confirming your firm’s capacity to successfully complete the scope of the work outlined herein.
All material produced, data collected, and reports generated by the subcontractor on behalf of Niagara 2022 CSG are confidential and become exclusive property of Niagara 2022 CSG. The contractor may not share program materials, customer data, industry or program participant contact information, etc. unless explicitly authorized by Niagara 2022 CSG to do so.
This RFP does not commit to pay any costs incurred in the preparation of a proposal or to procure or contract for services. Niagara 2022 CSG reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals received as a result of this RFP, to negotiate with all qualified bidders and to cancel the RFP, in part or in its entirety at its sole discretion.
Niagara 2022 CSG reserves the right to refuse to work with any partners, vendors or sponsors that may reflect negatively on the organization, Niagara Place and/or any Games stakeholder.
Additional Information or Clarification
All questions and requests for clarification should be submitted with the contact listed below. Questions and answers will be documented and distributed to all bidders. If necessary, an addendum will be issued.
Please be certain to include the name and contact details of the persons to be approached for clarification of the proposal if needed.
Niagara 2021 CSG requires one (1) electronic copy of your proposal.
Submissions are to be sent to:
COURTNEY ROFFEL, MBA
Specialist, Fit-Out | Look & Signage