The Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce (GNCC) is a non-profit, membership driven association, dedicated to the success of businesses and organizations to ensure the long-term prosperity of Niagara.
We are seeking, on a contract basis, an enthusiastic, experienced, take-charge professional with the ability to coordinate the administration, logistics and execution of our corporate events and meetings. The successful applicant will be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
The ideal candidate has a passion for and experience with event coordination, who can provide outstanding customer service, has effective relationship building skills for both internal and external customers.
As an event coordinator, the core responsibilities are to:
- Coordinate project delivery elements within adequate time limits including providing feedback
- Meet quality and brand expectations
- Manage and track the registration of all event attendees
- Record keeping
- Booking venues and other services (Ex: catering, AV)
- Meeting with venue staff, caterers, etc. for planning
- Creating schedules for employees needed for each event
- Evaluating events through guest feedback and make proper changes
- Following a strict budget
- Communicating to clients and speakers any updates, concerns, and arranging details
- Set up and tear down of in-person events
- Attending events to supervise and make sure everything goes as planned
- Solving problems that may arise during events
- Other duties as required
The skills, qualifications and education that sets you up for success at the GNCC:
- Diploma or degree in event planning and communication preferred
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to deliver high quality results while working under multiple deadlines
- Event portfolio to impress and client testimonials & references
- Minimum two years event coordination and marketing experience preferred
- Superior problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently
- Knowledge of Zoom and Evenbrite
A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required. Please submit your application to Corrina Massicotte, Director of Operations and Communications at email@example.com. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.