Thank you for your support throughout 2021. As this year draws to an end, one can’t help but reflect on it. Although the challenges of the pandemic continuously shape our life, both personally and professionally, there is a great deal to celebrate. This year has shown us that we are not powerless. Not only do we each have the ability to contribute to getting back to normal more quickly, but Niagara’s businesses — and all the people behind them — can feel proud of all that they have done together to get this far.
At the GNCC, we will continue working with you, with community partners, and with governments to ensure that you have the support you need to succeed. Here are a few of the services that organizations have come to value in 2021:
- A broader array of affinity partners to help you save money, including extended insurance benefit programs, affiliate discounts and savings.
- A free rapid antigen rapid test kit distribution program which over 500 organizations in Niagara accessed, resulting in a distribution of over 60,000 free kits between May and December.
- The extensive Shop Local initiative branded #NiagaraMyWay providing critical marketing opportunities to businesses to help stimulate our local economy across the region.
- Working closely with our partners to defend the interests of our members, to address rapid policy decisions, and to advance the advocacy agenda important to you, at all levels of government.
- The expansion of our digital reach and service options to connect you with more customers and partners.
- Our Daily Updates, an end-of-day brief read by 3,500 people, providing timely and relevant information about government policies, business news, and resources to help you run your organization.
- Many virtual, hybrid and in-person events, bringing together local businesses, experts, progressive thinkers, and elected officials to further the needs of Niagara’s business community.
Looking ahead, we will continue to offer and expand upon your member benefits, advocate on your behalf, and passionately promote your interests. As a community, we can accelerate our recovery by working together, to fully restore the health of our population and the strength of our economy.
On behalf of our board, my colleagues, and our advisory councils, I want to offer you our sincerest thanks for your on-going support of the GNCC and your commitment to building a stronger and more resilient Niagara. The entire GNCC team looks forward to working with you, and for you, in 2022.
We wish you, your colleagues, and your family a joyous holiday season, and a prosperous new year.
Mishka Balsom, CEO
Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce
Happy Holidays from the entire GNCC team!
(L–R) Mishka Balsom, Beth Fletcher, Nancy Marchese, Amy Lloyd, Corrina Massicotte, Emma Cavanagh, Savanna Stirrett, Danielle Babineau, Hugo Chesshire, Stephanie Farr, Brad Demers.