Beginning December 29, 2021, one of Niagara Falls Canada’s most important economic and cultural centres will be renamed the Niagara Falls Convention Centre as the naming rights expire for the landmark event, meeting and convention venue formerly referred to as the Scotiabank Convention Centre.
“The Niagara Falls Convention Centre name celebrates our iconic location in the world among Canada’s, North America’s and the world’s top destinations for both leisure travellers and business events. We are well-positioned to welcome back clients who are eager to return to our world-class venue and city,” said Noel Buckley, President and General Manager, Niagara Falls Convention Centre. “The Niagara Falls Convention Centre is extremely grateful to Scotiabank for their long-term partnership and contribution to our success and our community during our mutually rewarding 10-year partnership term.”
Opened in 2011, the Niagara Falls Convention Centre (NFCC) solidified Niagara Falls’ coveted reputation as one of Canada’s top international meeting and convention destinations. A world-class facility, the NFCC is the Niagara region’s largest meeting and event venue with over 300,000 sq ft of flexible space. The NFCC is located within the Fallsview Entertainment District, only 250 steps away from the majestic Falls themselves and walking distance to more than 4,000 hotel rooms.
The Niagara Falls Convention Centre is a significant economic driver. Over the last decade the NFCC has hosted thousands of international and national conventions, meetings, concerts and events including the Assembly of First Nations, the Federation of Canadian Municipalities, national and provincial political conventions and countless national corporate conventions. The versatile space has acted as a film and television studio and beginning January 6, 2022, will be a major vaccination location for the community.
With all that Niagara Falls offers, the NFCC attracts repeat events where gathering in the city becomes an eagerly anticipated tradition for many organizations. Since opening, the NFCC has welcomed millions of guests including the Prime Minister of Canada, the Premier of Ontario and a who’s who of high-profile music and entertainment celebrities. In a city with a population of 80,000 where a significant number of residents work in hospitality, the NFCC is a major employer for Niagara Falls and the Niagara Region.
- Niagara Falls Convention Centre (NFCC) first opened in 2011
- The NFCC is the largest event venue in Niagara Falls and the Niagara Region with 300,000 sq ft of flexible spaces, with meeting rooms, multi-purpose ballrooms and theatre. Maximum capacity is 6,750
- The NFCC is 250 steps away from the world-famous Falls – Canadian Horseshoe, American and Bridal Veil
- The NFCC is walking distance to 4,000 hotel rooms in Niagara Falls and the city’s most popular attractions and experiences.
- Niagara Falls Canada has more than 14,000 hotel rooms including world-class brands and independently owned properties. Niagara Falls, Ontario borders New York State and is located within a one-day drive to over half the population of North America and within a one-hour drive of 4 major airports including 3 international airports
- Niagara Falls is home to one of Canada’s hottest wine and culinary scenes with world-class wineries, fresh local produce and top chefs redefining farm-to-table to create unforgettable dining experiences
- Niagara Falls is Canada’s entertainment capital offering four seasons of fun with unmatched experiences and options for leisure time from ziplining, cycling, hiking to world-class wineries and a major golf destination
About Niagara Falls Convention Centre | fallsconventions.com
Niagara Falls Convention Centre is the region’s largest meetings and events facility. Steps away from the famous waterfalls, this state-of-the-art venue boasts more than 300,000 sq. ft. of open, flexible space. With close proximity to three international airports, world-renowned wineries and over 4,000 branded guest rooms, we make doing business easy.