Are you interested in shaping the future of Niagara? NEXTNiagara is currently recruiting until March 10, 2022.
- Identify and engage in issues and challenges related to the NEXT generation; providing strategic guidance/support to address such issues and acting as an advocate on issues of importance.
- Provide input and direction on NEXTNiagara programming; including, but not limited to events, educational seminars, and networking sessions.
- Participate in a Council sub-committee(s)
- Actively participate in monthly meetings; the Council meets on the 3rd Wednesday of every month from 6:00 pm –7:30 pm over Zoom in light of the pandemic (will resume rotation locations around the Niagara Region once it is deemed safe)
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
NEXTNiagara’s recruitment process is designed to maintain a council that includes experience / competency in the following specific areas:
- Construction / Trades
- Human Resources
- Small Business Leadership/Entrepreneurship
- Marketing / Communications
- Strategic Planning / Policy
- Board(s) / Committee(s)
- Risk Management / Assessment
- Advocacy / Government Relations
- Community Involvement
- Social / Health / Wellness Experience
- Event Planning / Management / Education
In keeping with the NEXTNiagara’s commitment to increase diversity and inclusion in positions of influence, we encourage applications of different races, ethnicities, genders, ages, religions, disabilities, and sexual orientations along with differences in education, personalities, skill sets, experiences, and knowledge bases.