We are looking for new Council members!
Are you interested in shaping the future of Niagara? Our recruitment period is currently open until March 10, 2022.
NEXTNiagara’s vision to see Niagara grow as a vibrant, inclusive, and prosperous community where the NEXT generation can create, connect, collaborate and call home. Our mission is to represent and amplify the voice of the NEXT generation in Niagara by creating opportunities for community engagement and empowerment.
- Identify and engage in issues and challenges related to the NEXT generation; providing strategic guidance/support to address such issues and acting as an advocate on issues of importance.
- Provide input and direction on NEXTNiagara programming; including, but not limited to events, educational seminars, and networking sessions.
- Participate in a Council sub-committee(s)
- Actively participate in monthly meetings; the Council meets on the 3rd Wednesday of every month from 6:00 pm –7:30 pm over Zoom in light of the pandemic (will resume rotation locations around the Niagara Region once it is deemed safe)
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
NEXTNiagara's recruitment process is designed to maintain a council that includes experience / competency in the following specific areas:
- Construction / Trades
- Human Resources
- Small Business Leadership/Entrepreneurship
- Marketing / Communications
- Strategic Planning / Policy
- Board(s) / Committee(s)
- Risk Management / Assessment
- Advocacy / Government Relations
- Community Involvement
- Social / Health / Wellness Experience
- Event Planning / Management / Education
In keeping with the NEXTNiagara’s commitment to increase diversity and inclusion in positions of influence, we encourage applications of different races, ethnicities, genders, ages, religions, disabilities, and sexual orientations along with differences in education, personalities, skill sets, experiences, and knowledge bases.
We are looking for individuals who identify as a member of the NEXT generation in Niagara with an interest in addressing the challenges that face this group and furthering opportunities for professional growth and networking.
A balanced Council includes both regional diversity and representation from all three employment sectors including the private sector, government/public sector, and not-for-profit sector. We are looking to maintain a balanced Council with members from all identified sectors.
- You create, connect, collaborate and call the Niagara Region home
- You identify as member of the NEXT generation.
All applications received will be reviewed, with qualified candidates selected to interview with the Recruitment Committee. A final list of candidates will be presented to the NEXTNiagara Council at the meeting prior to March 16, 2022. Interested individuals should submit their resume and a completed copy of this application form, detailing their academic, professional and lived experiences and clearly stating the reasons why they would be an excellent candidate for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those shortlisted for consideration by the Recruitment Committee will be contacted. Submissions may be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission deadline: March 10, 2022